Wednesday 7 December 2011

Brass chandelier gets a new rustic look

Here is my latest little project...I saw this idea in Pinterest at blog.addicted2decorating.com .  I found a brass chandelier on kijiji for $15 and had hubby spray paint it with Rustoleum Shell White.  Then I wrapped the arms with jute twine from the dollar store. I secured the twine with a small bit of hot glue and did that occasionally as I wound the twine to make sure it holds.  After the twine was finished I used the side of a craft paint brush and some black craft paint and lightly added some black around some of the edges to give it a bit of a worn look.  As I already had the paint, my total expenses were about $17 ($15 for the chandelier and $2 for the twine).  Hubby isn't sold on it yet but I love it's rustic look.  What do you think?
Before Picture

After pictures 



No comments:

Post a Comment