Tuesday 8 November 2011

Baby's room hanging light re-do

Before

After

My parents inherited this Home Depot hanging lamp when they moved into their new house.  It was not their style and not really mine either but I took it home to see what we could do.  We took the shade and all of the crystals off then I painstakingly taped the elements and the glass pieces.  As I mentioned before, occasionally I drag Rob into my projects and being pregnant is one of the ways I can do this.  I asked him to spray paint the lamp for me and this is what we have so far.  Doesn't it look so much better?  I decided to keep the bones of the shade and together we took turns ripping the material off.  I want to recover it and my idea is to have it match the curtains I want to buy from Ikea (see below).  They are really cheap so I might buy an extra set to do the shade and make a crib skirt.  Any ideas on easy ways to recover a lamp shade?


No comments:

Post a Comment