Tuesday 8 November 2011

The stair rail transformation has begun...

Here are the before pics.  It was liveable but now we're over it and want the rail and spindles to complement the hardwood so we're tackling this job with the hope that we'll have it finished before December.  Wish us luck and stay tuned for more pics along the way.
Before pics


Update: As of November 23, 2011
 
Here is the stained banister.  Hubby did this while I was away on a much needed girl's weekend.  He still needs to put a coat of varnish on so I will have to find somewhere to stay the night this weekend.  After that comes painting the spindles.
Sorry about the bad quality of these shots...I took them with my new phone.  I was too lazy to get out the camera but I will for the next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment