Thursday 14 March 2013

My first Ikea hack

We were given an ikea tv cabinet a few years back and we used it for awhile but eventually replaced it.  We kept it though just in case and it sat in the basement for the last year.  Well along came Rowan and we needed something that would hide all of our media devices so I took to Pinterest to get some inspiration and am so happy with the result!  Check out the before and after...

My husband didn't like the idea of glass doors with a walking 11 month old so I commissioned my dad to find some radiator screen while they were in Florida.  I looked everywhere here but could not find it.  Here is the after...



We're pretty happy with it.  So on to my next ikea hack, turning a basic lack coffee table into an upholstered tufted table/coffee table.  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Christa!
    It was great meeting you and Rowan and seeing Robbie again! I had no idea you were so talented. You are a wizard with refurbishing furniture. I look forward to future posts (if you can find time in and around running after that very fast moving little boy of yours!) Take care

    ReplyDelete