Monday 8 April 2013

Rowan's first birthday cake

So my son turned 1 on April 3rd and we planned a train themed birthday party the following Saturday.  I really wanted to make his first cake and here is the result.  I admit I cheated a bit and used a boxed Betty Crocker Devil's food chocolate cake mix but they always turn out delicious and I have never had any complaints.  I got a really easy buttercream recipe from a friend and went to work.  I am so happy with the finished product and will probably make a tradition out of it.  The rest of the party gear was all trains and once I get some pictures back from our photographer I will include them in this post so stay tuned.
 
 
 







 
The food table

 
My dad built this train out of cardboard boxes for the kids to play in.  That's Rowan's face on the  front.



No comments:

Post a Comment