Thursday 17 April 2014

I'm back!

I guess being on maternity leave affords me a little extra time to pick up on where I left off blogging.  We now have two children, two year old Rowan and 10 week old Isla.  Life is busy but fun and we feel so fortunate to be blessed with a boy and a girl.  We have since moved to a 1970's side split house that hadn't been touched since it was built.  And since I love a project it has been sort of perfect for us.  It's still very much a work in progress but we're very happy with it! 

So on to what projects I've been up to...

I am so excited to share that I just sold my first vintage looking sign.  It was a custom job that a lady ordered.


We also purchased two pine end tables and I have been impatiently waiting for it to be warm enough to refinish them.  Well I finally had two nice days.  We had a leftover can of white latex paint from our move so I whipped up a batch of homemade chalk paint using this recipe.

Here are the before's: 

 
And the afters:
 



 
 
We are very happy with how they turned out!  Stay tuned for more.  Much to my husband's dismay the garage is filling up with projects.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment