Tuesday 16 April 2013

Rowan's first birthday

Rowan celebrated his first birthday 2 weeks ago with a train themed party...ideas courtesy of my obsession with Pinterest.  My dad built this amazing train out of cardboard boxes and a lot of hours!!  It turned out awesome and the kids loved running through it.
 
 
 
I found these little containers that I used for the train cars at Dollarama and bought the Thomas train engine on my first trip to a Canadian Target.


 
I ordered a package from Dimple Prints and was able to print off the labels for the utensils as well as the Happy Birthday sign and several other little touches.

 
My first attempt at a kid's birthday cake and I think it turned out great! 

At least the birthday boy thought it was tasty!
 
 


 
I also ordered a train cookie cutter set and baked these little babies to give out as a thank you. 


 
I found this jug at HomeSense and it was a real hit, especially with some of the kids.





Of course Rowan was all decked out in his train outfit!

 
A very big thank you to Sarah Peters for her awesome photography skills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment