Saturday 13 April 2013

Curtains, curtains, curtains

I found a link on pinterest to make curtains out of a drop cloth so in need of some curtains for our master bedroom I decided to give it a try.  I bought a cloth but it wasn't the right size and it turns out they are a little more expensive here in Canada then they are in the US so I made a shower curtain out of the drop cloth and some fabric paint and this is the result...




 
 
I still needed curtains for the bedroom though so I bought some flat twin sheets at Walmart and used my stencil and fabric paint to make these...



 
 
I only got two panels done because it was a little time consuming using a sponge roller to roll on the paint and I could only work on it when my little one was asleep and I could spread it out.  I was going to make two more panels but we sold our house and with it the window treatments and I wasn't really up for making more curtains for someone else.  I may try them again at our new house but I am thinking of using a fabric spray paint I saw online instead.  






No comments:

Post a Comment